7.21.2011

Simple Greek Salad

I think that Europe has some of the best salads that I have ever eaten. They are so simple and fresh, using mostly basic ingredients, yet the flavors are always so divine. We are so used to thick and creamy fat-filled salad dressings in the United Sates whereas the Europeans are miles ahead of us using lemon juice, olive oil and balsamic as their main source of salad toppings. I made this simple greek salad using olive oil and lemon juice as the dressing and it was so tasty. We had this with rigatoni and sun dried tomato pesto (recipe to come) and it was the perfect summer dish!

You Will Need:
  • 2 cups hot house cucumbers, quartered
  • 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • juice from half of a lemon
  • 4 scallions, diced (white and light green parts only)
  • salt and pepper to taste

Here We Go:
  • Mix all above ingredients together and chill before serving

Serves 2 as a side
Happy Feasting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you! We are so used to heavy dressings with crispy chicken, bacon, cheese! haha dont get me wrong these salads are wonderful ahah but I LOVE your salad here! So fresh with the lemon and veggies! I'll be making this soon for sure! you could use the leftovers (if there are any!) in a wrap with hummus!